DocFetcher is an office desktop search application: It allows you to search the contents of documents on your computer. – You can think of it as Google for your local document repository.
- Automatic index updates: Indexes are updated automatically when files in the corresponding folders are modified, even when DocFetcher isn´t running.
- Detection of HTML pairs, e.g. “foo.htm” and a folder named “foo_files”.
- Search in source code files.
- Regular expression based exclusion of files from indexing.
- Various file operations on the document repository can be performed through DocFetcher´s interface (e.g. creating folders, inserting new files).
- Preview panel with search-term highlighting and a simple built-in web browser.
- Search results can be sorted and filtered by different criteria (filetype, filesize, path, etc.).
- Global hotkey to bring DocFetcher to the front.