The Battle for Wesnoth is a free, turn-based strategy game with a fantasy theme. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures.
- Build up a formidable fighting force, starting from a single leader and a small amount of gold.
- Over 200 unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance.
- Several multi-player options available, including internet play.
- Scores of different custom-designed maps, and unlimited random maps.
- Hundreds of campaign scenarios available for download via a simple in-game procedure.
- ´Fog of war´ feature available for a true test of generalship.
- Sophisticated mark-up language lets advanced users make their own maps, factions or campaigns.
- Excellent language support – 35 different languages currently available.
- GNU/Linux, Windows, MacOSX, BeOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, AmigaOS4, OS/2 & eComStation compatible.