The most popular simulator game
PPSSPP is an excellent emulator of the Sony PlayStation Portable console. It supports loading the ROMs of PSP games (ISO, CSO, PBP, ELF files), demos and homebrews.
Everything you need for perfect emulation
The PPSSPP interface consists of three main tabs: Recently, the title of the most recently played, the game, which allows you to browse your computer to upload ROM folders, and homebrew & presentation.
From the Settings menu, however, you can optimize the emulation parameters. Within the menu, you’ll find 4 items:
- Graphics – Allows you to change the rendering settings, the frame rate, the texture scaling, the texture filtering, and much more.
- Audio – Includes 4 options to modify some of the audio parameters.
- Controls – Allows you to change the mapping of the controls and the ability to enable or disable the touch screen controls.
- System –Allows you to change various general-purpose simulators. You can change the language, screenshots saved in PNG format, clear lists of recently used games, access to cheating, access to development tools, as well as new experimental features, optimized simulations and more.
PPSSPP, moreover, is able to save the state of the emulated console.
The interface is well organized, simple and intuitive, and the design is convincing in its simplicity. The optimization of the settings and emulation parameters, however, are mostly aimed at more expert gamers.
One of the best emulators for Sony PSP
PPSSPP is an excellent emulator for the PSP. It’s free, works well, doesn’t require installation, offers a high level of configuration, and provides a good level of emulation.
But you have to remember that you are only allowed to use the emulator if you own the original gameplay you follow.
- Lots of configuration options
- No installation required
- Ability to capture screenshots
- Saves the state of the console
- Perfect emulation of PSP games
- Advanced settings are a bit complex for less experienced users