Reviewing Maxthon 2 v126.96.36.1990
Maxthon is a powerful web browser with a highly customizable interface. It is based on the Internet Explorer engine (your most likely current web browser) which means that what works in IE, works the same in Maxthon but with many additional efficient features like…
- Download Control – You can set MYIE2 to not load a specific file category like images, sounds, scripts or flash movies to speed up the loading of pages.
- Privacy protection – With a click you can clear your browsing information, such as cookies, history etc or you can also set MYIE2 to clear them for you when you exit.
- Mouse Gestures – Lets you quickly send commands to MYIE2 using your right mouse button like refreshing the page and going back or forward.
- AD Hunter – Annoying ADs in pages and pop-ups can be blocked by MYIE2. Each time a pop-up is blocked a sound can be played and a warning shown. Also all the pop-ups can be reopened by viewing the blocked addresses window or by clicking the icon on the status-bar. Annoyed of banners and ads in pages? Then just right-click it, add it to the AD hunter filter and MYIE2 will never load it again.
- Favicons – MyIE2 can display site icons in the tabs and your favorites.
- External Utility Bar – You can add links to other programs to the utilities bar and launching them is just one click away. You could even set them to start and close with MYIE2 automatically.
- Skins Support – Using different skins you can change the look of MYIE2´s icons, menus and backgrounds.
- Plug-ins Support – Expand the functions of MYIE2 with tool-bar and sidebar plug-ins. IE plug-ins (tool-bars) are also supported.
- Quick Search – Set you default search engine and just type the keyword in the address bar to do your web search. An advanced search can also be done in the sidebar.
- Super Drag&Drop – You can highlight text in a page, drag&drop it and a web search will be done. Drag&drop a link and it will open in a new tab, same with a image.
- Custom Start-up – When you start, MYIE2 can open your last visited pages, startup favorites or a group of other pages.
- Favorites Bar – You can have your favorites open with just a click.
- Auto-hide panels – Save space the smart way. The tool-bars and the sidebar can both auto-hide and float again when you point at them.
- Pages Groups – You can set a number of pages under one group so you can open them quickly with just a click or when you start MYIE2.
- URL Alias – It may be hard to remember a long url. With MYIE2 you can set a small \\\”name\\\” for any url. For example, you can set \\\”myie2\\\” for http://www.ruihehang.com/myie2/ and then all you have to do is to type \\\”myie2\\\” in the address bar and MYIE2 will bring you to the website.
- Status Bar Extras – MYIE2 can display your IP address, your System´s resources, your network speed and the number of blocked pop-ups in the status bar. Other 5 quick functions are also accessible from the status-bar.