VirtualMIDISynth is a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
It works on Windows (both x86 and x64), and is based on the great BASS library from un4seen.
- User mode multimedia driver, no reboots, no BSOD
- Directly accessible as MIDI Out device, no need for virtual MIDI cables (like MIDI Yoke, LoopBe1)
- MIDI mixer to set track mute/volume, accessible through systray icon while playing
- Compact size (setup is ~700 KBytes)
- No DLL cluttering, everything is self contained in System32/SysWOW64 subfolder
- Clean installer, won’t affect other MIDI devices
- Efficient RAM usage (allows using large SoundFonts, > 1GByte)
- Virtually unlimited polyphony (limited only by CPU)
- Load up to 10 SoundFonts and chain them
- Configure MIDI Mapper default device (this feature is already available in XP, but missing in Vista / 7)